Monday 24 April 2006

The RV Phenome

I've decided I really don't lke RVs after all. A winnebago or campervan is one thing but the sher size of these Recreational Vehicles is just ridiculous. A vehicle the size of a touringcoach is just too much vehicle for the average two people that fill them. A lot of them tow the 'city car' behind them which is occasionally a sedan but more often than not its a big-ass SUV, which in itself is far too big for anyone in my opinion. I'm hearing a lot of bitching from the Americans on the radio as well as from people who I chat with at rest stops about the soaring costs of fuel at the moment - it is expensive, especially when you consider the number of miles that you drive on a longroad trip like me and the other cross country drivers ar doing. apparently its even hiked significantly in the time i've been on the road but US three bucks a gallon is still cheap when you compare it to australia, canada and especially europe. I do feel a bit uneasy about the fact that I’m undoing all good points i;ve eard from being mostly carbon neutral for the past few years but driving across America is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for me and is also probably going to be a once-in-a-lifetime event as well. Nonetheless, i'm going to have to plant a lot of trees afterwards tcounter this particular leg of my holiday.

No comments: