Monday 1 August 2005

Paying for it ...

Nursing a bit of a hangover from last night. I met up with two young hard drinking Dutch guys from Holland (where they are usually found) named Marcel and Sander. I'd met them in Bangkok and we had a tentative plan to catch up over here for some trekking. Also supposedly meeting Julie, a French girl (from France), tonight who may also come along with us. Rather uneventful day yesterday ... Wandered around Chang Mai which is a very welcome relief from Bangkok, went for a run (almost passed out in the heat again) and went to the markets. They have them every Sunday and they're remarkably like Glebe Markets only enormous, cleaner, and they sell slightly less crap. Even bumped into a fellow Glebeite who I'd also met in Bangkok. Decided to get my picture drawn by one of the street artsts and after having every person in the maket stop and stare at me while i was giving my best Blue Steel impression i was presented with what i thought was a very unflattering portrait. Could it be that i chose the worst artist of the dozen or so scattered throughout the market? Could i have just had too high expectation? Could it be ... Mybe, that i'm not as attractive as i thought i was??? No, it was definitely the artist's fault.
Tomorrow i'll be going on a three day hike through the mountains and will see elephants (you can never get enough of the elephants), white water rafting and visiting a few hill tribes. I also have to break the news to my guest house that i'm goingwith their competitor ... I hope that they're not going tobe too upset.
Another thing, today is 1 August 2005, the date of my court hearing for my train ticket violation of a year ago. It's 2.20pm over here which means it's already over by now ... I've asked them to email me the results but they seem very reluctant to actually do anything that personal when i've dealt with them in the past. If i lose ... And knowing the way the world works that will probably be the case i might just have to be a fugitive from Australian justice. I wonder if they'll bable to extradite me from Canada???

No comments: