Thursday 18 August 2005

Attack Of The Clones

Have just come back from the DMZ bar in Hue where I was hit on by a delightful array of naationalities and genders and drank a fair quantity of the local beer (i ran past the brewery earlier today - the runs in Hue are much more like a good rocky run, most children know the word, "Hello", "Where you going?" and "What your name?" and some even run along for a few metres before laughing at my stupidity for running in the heat) - after getting beaten at the pool table (but putting up a respectible resistance of leaving two balls on the table) I met a young Brisbanite named Megan (spelled properly I might add) who is the genetic match of Sandy Kerswill. She's very nice and is passing through in my direction - although she's a day behind she's also moving a bit slower so we will probably catch up in Hoi An. She did tell me that she wanted to be in a big city on Sunday so she could watch the rugby - I told her that I want to be in a hole in the ground when the rugby was on.
As I wandered home I was accosted by several of the samlaw (??? Bicycle taxis) who were very persistent in trying to get me to take a lift with them - it's surprising how many of them seem to be high class pimps in their spare time, all of them have access to the most beautiful women in Vietnam and I only need to take a ride with themto find them. ..

No comments: