Friday 7 March 2008

Bin There

3 -  7 March - I don't think I was doing anything out of the ordinary and it certainly wasn't the result of any showboating (since nobody was there) but as I tried to enter the latest little shortcut that takes me to the front door (and potentially through it if I time the traffic correctly) I found myself fighting gravity (and losing) and with a torn shirt (one of the nice ones) and a grazed elbow to show for it.  And to add insult to injury (literally) a few minutes after I pulled myself up I heard a nasty hissing followed by an ear shattering bang as 120 pounds per square inch of pressure pushed through the wall of the front tyre (followed by a repair job that resulted in a similar explosion half an hour later - and this was the not the most painful impact that I experienced during the week.  In fact, surprisingly, it wasn't that painful at all - I don't think I'm that hard core but even when the antiseptic was applied after the adrenalin faded away I barely felt a thing - I must have been densensitised around my elbow somewhere along the way.  Human crashes are another story and bone breaking therapeutic massage - now that's real pain.  And where the hell did this week go anyway?

No comments: