Sunday 31 July 2005

I've left on a jetplane ... don't know when I'll come back agan

Typing the first real travelogue from seat 32A on Thai Airways flight whatever ... Seatguru.com seemed to have got it wrong as there's no power point and I've got very limited legroom despite assuring the check in guy that I'm a collosus of a man and I need the emergency exit seat ... I can certainly handle the responsibility but they were adament that they had found a better man.
Last night was it was a bit of a mess ... Realised I had nowhere to stay in Bangkok when I got there, no way of getting cash out on my credit card and my lonely planet had disappeard ... It all was rectified in the morning ... Thank god for the internet I say ... Goodbyes are always difficult ... and this week i've had a few ... But as someone haughtily reminded me ... I'm not going away for that long so i'll be seeing you all pretty soon. I think I managed to say goodbye to just about everyone ... Even the ones I don't really like ...
Holiday really hasn't started yet although I think getting on the plane is certainly a good starting point. The next posting should be a little more coherent as I won't be addled from the altitude and the Ballantines ... In fact, the next posting may even turn up before this one if I don't find a wifi in Bangkok ...

No comments: