Monday 21 March 2005

RailCorp

I know it's not just me who has an issue with RailCorp.  In the process of trying to fight City Hall on a wrong issued infringement notice (travelling without a ticket).  Was speaking to the Local Court trying to work out what the options are (heaven forbid that RailCorp, the issuer of the infringement, actually letting me know what I have to do in order to contest the ticket) and found that even the court officers can't stand the bastards.  The girl I spoke to ended up ranting at me how much she disliked them and the problems she was having with them.  In any event, it appears that not buying a ticket is not a crime.  The issue is being caught without a ticket, no matter what your reasons are.  Despite "proving" to the inspector and later, the processing bureau, that I had obviously purchased a ticket (which had subsequently been lost) for my trip it turns out that simply by not having a ticket on the other end means that I am liable for a whopping fine.  Am I making a big deal out of nothing?  Well, sort of.  It's not a huge amount of money but it's the principle of the thing.  And now I'm going to have to go to court to fight it … Yay.

No comments: