Saturday 28 January 2006

Australia Day

26 January - Was reminded of Australia Day in a couple of emails and made a couple of half hearted efforts to rally myself to celebrate it but was just feeling too sore and tired to do anything at all when I got home. Work was not completely enjoyable today. Lots of riding but nothing really thrilling. And more than one incident that put a dampener on it. Once it got dark and I headed home the heavens completely opened up and I was absolutely frozen and sodden and my glasses got completely covered in water and I was half blind. On the very steep climb up the hill on the last leg of the journey I hit a car as well. Not in the sense that I was hit by a car but I hit him. He was completely hugging the shoulder of the road and I was scraping by the edge of the kerb and I couldn't see much. The traffic was at an absolute standstill and I just knocked his sidescreen mirror (it bounced back completely). It was completely my fault but at the time I felt completely justified in swearing abuse at him for hugging the kerb (it was completely internal of course). Once I got home and actually considered the events I felt very guilty about it but ... If it happens again i'll probably feel the exact same way.

No comments: