Wednesday 28 December 2005

Day Of Rest

26 September - Considered braving the sales in downtown but decided against it because I know what they're like in Sydney and suspected that they'd be just as bad over here. Made myself a gigantic post Christmas omelet before headinhg out to the drive for an overpriced and over steamed café latte and a bit of negotiation with the rain. One of the housematts returned today but left to do some housesitting in North Van so I've still got the place to myself. Headed out to Tinseltown (mall in Chinatown) to see 'Brokeback Mountain' with a friend. It was an absolutely superb movie ... I know that I have a tendency to rave about films I like just after I see them, before the excitement wears off and I get a more realistic opinion of it. However, it was definitely the best gay love story i've seen committed to film (which is not hard because gay cinema tends to be either crap or too comedic to be emotionally moving) - performances were all fantastic (heath ledger almost redeemed himself from first knight and jake gylenhaal was suitably tragic) and cinematography was of the typical opulence that one has come to expect from Ang Lee. Afterwards headed down for a few drinks in downtown, time got away from me, and I had to take the f**king night bus home along with the other dregs of society ... Next time i'll wear a watch.

No comments: